>

A Friend Of Khemraj Ramjattan

More
17 Nov 2020 13:29 #385788 by chairman
For many, many years Khemraj Ramjattan was someone I was proud to call friend and comrade. We grew up together in the PYO, both serving at the same time in its executive and both (along with Rohan Singh and Lionel Peters) maintaining our independent spirit and critical thinking capacity. The Prakash (as he was endearingly known) I knew then was emphatic, compassionate, generous to a fault, people centered and very approachable. I did understand his parting ways with PPP and was among the first to know of the formation of the AFC and to give support which I very quickly withdrew after observing movements and actions I (and many others) disagreed with. Since then it was all downhill both for the AFC and my once erstwhile friend and comrade. More than most I know what he went through under the vindictive PPP and what a difference he had made in the lives of countless Guyanese. Today as I observe the disintegration of the AFC that once held hope for growing numbers of Guyanese, I wonder whether Prak has fallen so low that there is no way back. And this wonderment is based on my imbibing of Hindu philosophy which posits that anyone can evolve no matter in what depth that person is wallowing. Be as it may Prak and I have walked too far, experienced too much, watched each other's back for too long for me to wish him bad. I'm sad, somewhat angry at how things turned out and I grieve for him. But I will whisper a hope to the ether that one day soon his true self will emerge and he will journey upwards to reclaim his essence.

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
cricketwindies.com/forum/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2020 13:30 #385789 by chairman
Robert Persaud is the first person ever to have been 'rehabilitated' after abandoning the PPP, then criticizing it.

Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last a lifetime.
cricketwindies.com/forum/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Ketchim Shoutbox (forum)

Go to top